If you’re looking for an insulated coffee mug that can hold enough coffee for you to drink it all day long or all at once then you probably will want a 24 oz travel mug just like the one’s featured lower on this page.
The Gathering Grounds Cafe team has hand chosen what we believe to be the perfect options for you and your over-indulgences. 🙂
Designed to give you 3 serving sizes of hot, ready-to-drink coffee, you don’t need to look any further than these 24 oz travel mugs. They are perfect for taking a bunch of coffee one the road, limiting your trips to the coffee pot, or for storing french press coffee in a thermal container instead of in the grinds that brewed it!
We’ve also picked out 24oz water bottles, because we coffee drinkers have got to stay hydrated too!
So Here Are Our Favorite 24 Oz Insulated Travel Coffee Mugs
Copco 24-Ounce Big Joe Thermal Travel MugBy far this is our favorite 24 ounce thermal mug!
It holds a lot of hot coffee, it is super cheap, it has a handle but it also is situated so that you can still place this travel mug in a car cup holder too!
The Copco Big Joe has been made and sold for a long time too so it’s been tested over time to hold up just fine for it’s low price.
Check it out, you’ll love it!
Thermos Stainless King 24-Ounce Drink Bottle, Midnight BlueIf you loved to Big Joe featured above but didn’t like it’s lack of vacuum double wall insulation then the Stainless King is perfect for you.
I love the Stainless King series of mugs and this one is one of the highest quality mugs you’ll ever own. It costs more sure but it will last you a very long time…
…and it will never leak on you or your things either!
Considering it’s holding a lot of liquid you’ll enjoy not worrying about a leaking tumbler!
Here are a Few Alternatives to Review
American Expedition 24-Ounce Thermal MugThermos Stainless-Steel Vacuum Insulated BottleOXO Good Grips Large Thermal Travel Mug with Cap, 24 ouncesContigo SnapSeal Byron Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug, 24oz
General Product Descriptions for These Thermal Mugs
- Our 24oz mugs mostly range in price from $10.00 to $30.00 although some may be more or less depending on quality and branding.
- These are hand-held mugs that either have a handle or loop designed for easy grasping, or a small enough frame that allows you to carry them with ease like a tumbler.
- If you want something that is leak proof (not spill proof – there is a difference) check out the mugs that come with one button opening mechanisms and detachable cup-tops.
- For the material, you can select from stainless steel, or plastic.
- Insulation differences include exterior sleeves, to foam walls, to air filled-double layer walls, vacuum insulated mugs. Heat loss speed varies widely among these different systems and price varies too.
Materials & Construction Basics
Stainless Steel Travel Mugs: Stainless steel mugs provide better insulation (keeping beverages hot or cold longer) than other materials so long as they are double walled. Also, they do not stain as easily or retain old flavors either. Many of these mugs require hand washing and they tend to cost more.
Plastic Travel Mugs: Plastic coffee mugs are definitely the easiest to throw into a dishwasher and/or microwave; however, they stain easier, retain old flavors, and may scratch as opposed to a stainless steel or glass mug.
If you’ve done your research and are worried about the type of plastic, make sure the mug you’re buying is “BPA-free plastic.” BPA-free plastic is also designed with resistance to withstand high impact.
Additional Perks and Information
- 24oz mugs provide you with 3 exact servings of coffee (if you’re counting 8oz as a serving, that is). French press coffee makers tend to be served in 4-5 ounce servigns so a mug like this could hold about 5-cups or just less than a full 6-cup coffee press can brew at one time.
- Most of these mugs will fit in your car cup-holders; just make sure to check the product description when purchasing. When in doubt bear in mind that travel tumblers will fit in cup-holders while mugs with handles don’t usually to fit.
Alternatives – Large Mugs of Different Sizes
You can also see the following page for a list of lots of other mugs.
Aside from the obvious long road trip however I actually recommend most GGC customers to consider getting a thermal carafe instead of a huge insulated mug. You can pour your french press coffee into the carafe and then give yourself single serve coffee all morning long without having to handle an over-sized thermos.
Just food for thought.