If you’re not a big coffee drinker, live alone, or just want a smaller, easier to manage coffee maker – a small French press is an excellent choice.
In Gathering Grounds Cafe’s selection of small French presses, you can choose from standard, insulated, and traveling ones. Regardless of what you choose, they will all be small and give you between 1 and 2 servings of coffee.
- If you are looking for an affordable French press, we suggest choosing a standard glass one.
- If you need an insulated French press, check out the stainless steel options as many of them provide high heat retention.
- If you want an on-the-go French press, take a look into the ones that also double as travel mugs.
Need a smaller french press for travel or for single serve purposes? Each pot listed below is on the small size measuring 16 ounces or less. These make perfect companions to the larger 12-cup french press pots you pull out when guests come over.
Bodum New Kenya 12-Ounce Coffee Press, BlackGROSCHE CHROME French Press Premium Coffee and Tea Maker (Small – 350 ml (12 oz))Francois et Mimi Single Wall Borosilicate Glass French Coffee Press, Chrome Design (12oz)Bodum Chambord 3 cup French Press Coffee Maker, 12 oz., ChromeBodum Chambord 4 Cup French Press Coffee Maker, 17-Ounce, ChromeStansport French Coffee PressPrimula 4 Cup Classic Coffee Press, ChromeWyndham HouseTM 12oz French Press Coffee MakerFrieling Polished Stainless French Press, 17-OunceFrieling 0103 Ultimo 23 Oz. Mirror Finish French PressBodum Insulated Stainless-Steel Travel French Press Coffee and Tea Mug, 0.45-Liter, 15-Ounce, BlackPlanetary Design Commuter Double-Shot Stainless Steel French Press Mug, Black
- Our small French press coffee makers range in price from $10.00 to $90.00.
- These small options either come with handles designed for easy pouring and carrying, or are small enough to grip and carry in hand. All of them come with removable tops with attached plungers that allow for fast and efficient washing.
- All options come with a built-in, 3-piece filtering system, which means – no paper filter.
- For the material, you can select from glass, stainless or brushed steel, or BPA-free plastic.
Glass: glass provides transparency so you can see how much coffee you have, and it makes cleaning up easier. Glass is more likely to shatter than stainless steel or plastic, but they are heat resistant so you can pour extremely hot water in the carafe for coffee brewing.
Stainless or brushed steel: stainless steel or brushed steel provide better insulation (keeping beverages hot or cold longer) than other materials, and does not stain as easily. However, many of these coffee makers require hand washing, so please check the product description if you prefer it to be dishwasher safe.
Plastic: plastic insulated French press coffee makers are lightweight, designed to be shatter-resistant, and usually can go in a dishwasher; however, they may stain and scratch easier as opposed to stainless steel ones. If you’re worried about the type of plastic, make sure the coffee maker you’re buying is “BPA-free plastic.”
Additional Perks and Information
- Regardless of the style of small French press coffee maker you choose, all of these are easy to transport and clean – they also make an excellent gift!
- Just remember to use coarsely ground coffee when brewing with a French Press.
- If you want to use a French press coffee maker, but are looking for a larger size, our coffee maker page offers sizes that hold all the way up to 51oz of liquid.
- If you are looking for something small, that provides you with a single serving of coffee but don’t need a French press, our “Our Products” page lists other small travel mug and coffee maker options.