Love to use French press for coffee, but find it doesn’t taste the same when you pour it in a to-go mug? We’ve got good news. The team at Gathering Grounds has chosen several French press travel mugs you can take with you anywhere!
These travel mugs come with a built-in plunger rod to give you the same texture and boldness you’re used to drinking with your French press at home. The plunger comes attached to the lid, so that you can easily remove and wash it.
They are also portable so you can take them in your hand or in the car. We’ve even found some mugs that are suitable for outdoor use, so you can take your French press on your next camping trip.
Bodum Insulated Stainless-Steel Travel French Press Coffee and Tea Mug, 0.45-Liter, 15-Ounce, BlackBodum Insulated Plastic Travel French Press Coffee and Tea Mug, 0.45-Liter, 15-Ounce, BlackGSI Outdoors Commuter Java Press Mug, Blue MountainPlanetary Design Commuter Double-Shot Stainless Steel French Press Mug, BlackStarbucks Stainless Steel Travel Press Black, 10 ozFrench Press Coffee Travel Mug Stainless SteelAsobu The Hot Press Vacuum Insulated Cup, 16-Ounce, GreyGSI Outdoors Personal Java Press,Blue,20 fl. Oz
- Our French Press travel mugs normally range in price from $10.00 to $60.00 and can hold from 10oz to 20oz of liquid.
- These are mostly hand-held mugs that have a handle designed for easy gripping, or a small enough frame that allows you to carry them with ease. If one of these mugs is not hand-held, it will still be portable.
- If you need something spill-proof, look at the mugs that come with open and close lids to make sipping simple.
- If you don’t need to worry about spilling your coffee, check out our mugs that come with screw-off tops. With these, you can pour your coffee easily into an actual cup once you get to a stationary place – like your office.
- For the material, you can select from stainless steel, polypropylene BPA-free plastic, or foam-walled.
Stainless steel: stainless steel mugs provide better insulation (keeping beverages hot or cold longer) than other materials, and do not stain as easily. Many of these mugs require hand washing, so check to see if they are dishwasher safe or not before purchasing.
Plastic: plastic mugs are definitely the easiest to throw into a dishwasher or microwave; however, they stain faster and may scratch as opposed to a stainless steel mug. If you’re worried about the type of plastic, make sure the mug you’re buying is “BPA-free plastic” like Polypropylene. This thermoplastic is insulated, lightweight, shatter-resistant, and ideal for taking on long trips with varied outdoor temperatures and weather.
Foam-walled: foam-walled mugs are designed to retain heat well and are also dishwasher-safe.
Additional Perks and Information
- Each mug gives you between 1.5 and 3 servings of coffee, depending upon the size.
- If you’re looking to save money and time on cleaning, these mugs are an excellent option. Why? You don’t have to worry about putting these mugs under a coffee maker because they are the coffee maker!
- If you want French press coffee, but don’t need something on the go, refer to our selection of French press coffee makers.
- If you still want to have a travel mug but use a normal coffee maker, take a look at our variety of travel mugs – sizes of mugs range from small to extra large.
Coffee press mugs are great for travelers but they can over-extract coffee. If you want take a look at these small coffee presses where the coffee can then be transferred to a standard travel mug.