34oz French press coffee makers are a medium-sized coffee maker that is ideal if you prefer to drink more than 1 or 2 cups of coffee, or you live with other people.
If you are looking for an affordable French press, we suggest choosing a standard glass one that will come with a plastic or stainless steel frame.
If you need an insulated French press, check out the stainless steel options as many of them provide high heat retention. We also advise our customers to consider buying one large 12 cup french press and a small french press for single servings. If you know for sure you want a medium size french press then take a look at our recommendations below.
Thermos 34-Ounce Vacuum Insulated Stainless-Steel Gourmet Coffee PressFrancois et Mimi Single Wall Borosilicate Glass French Coffee Press, Chrome Design (34oz)Bodum New Kenya 34-Ounce Coffee Press, BlackBodum Chambord 8 cup French Press Coffee Maker, 34 oz., ChromeGROSCHE LISBON French press coffee and tea press, 1 liter 34 fl. oz capacity, Glass body with SS filter press, removable silicone grip base, and included spoonBodum Eileen 8 Cup French Press Coffeemaker, 1.0 l, 34-OunceOvente FPT34B French Press Drip Coffee Maker, 34-Ounce, BlackFrieling Brushed Stainless Steel French Press, 36-Ounce
- Our 34oz French press coffee makers range in price from $10.00 to $100.00.
- 34oz French press options come with a handle and a detachable, plunging top, which make for easy holding and pouring. This feature also allows for fast and efficient washing.
- French press coffee makers maintain the handle at a regulated temperature so you won’t burn yourself when pouring.
- All options come with a built-in, 3-piece filtering system, which means – no paper filter.
- For the material, you can select from glass, stainless or brushed steel, or BPA-free plastic.
Glass: glass provides transparency so you can see how much coffee you have, and it makes cleaning up easier. Glass is more likely to shatter than stainless steel or plastic, but they are heat resistant so you can pour extremely hot water in the carafe for coffee brewing.
Stainless or brushed steel: stainless steel or brushed steel provide better insulation (keeping beverages hot or cold longer) than other materials, and does not stain as easily. However, many of these coffee makers require hand washing, so please check the product description if you prefer it to be dishwasher safe.
Plastic: plastic insulated French press coffee makers are lightweight, designed to be shatter-resistant, and usually can go in a dishwasher; however, they may stain and scratch easier as opposed to stainless steel ones. If you’re worried about the type of plastic, make sure the coffee maker you’re buying is “BPA-free plastic.”
Additional Perks and Information
- Each 34oz French press offers about 8 cups of 4oz of coffee, or 3 to 4 mugs.
- Just remember to use coarsely ground coffee when brewing with a French Press.
- Some even come with a measuring scoop to measure your coffee.
If you want to use a French press coffee maker, but are looking for a different size, please click through to the following pages listed below. We have sizes ranging from 12oz (single serve) all the way up to 51oz. A quick way to scan top coffee makers is to look at our large options and small options pages.
There are a few more good press pots available in 32 oz. You can see them here.